Beginning Tuesday, December 14, the National Defense University Press (NDU Press) will be hosting a holiday scavenger hunt to highlight its Web site and publications. The event kicks off at 12:00 p.m. EDT. The first question will be posted to the NDU Press Facebook page.
Participants will have to search the NDU Press website for the answer. The answer will appear embedded in a link on the site. You will know that you have found the answer, because the link will be red and bold.
Here is an example:
U.S. Marine Corps' Small Wars Manual is still widely read by military and civilian government officials alike more than 70 years after its publication.
When you click on the red link, you will be taken to a page that contains a KEYWORD and a clue leading you to the next page in the hunt. Remember to keep track of the KEYWORDS!
There are a total of 9 KEYWORDS. The first 10 people to send all KEYWORDS in the right order to NDUPress@ndu.edu will win a prize. Prizes include a signed copy of Partnership for the Americas by Admiral James G. Stavridis, photographic prints of the National Defense University by Tara Parekh, NDU apparel, and subscriptions to Joint Force Quarterly and PRISM.
There are a few rules:
- If you're an NDU employee you can play, but not if you helped put together the scavenger hunt.
- You can submit as many e-mails as you want, but only one correct answer per person will be considered for a prize.
- Don't post your answers where other people can read them!
- When you're ready to submit your answers, e-mail them to NDUPress@ndu.edu.
- The Scavenger Hunt will be open from noon (EST) on December 14 to noon (EST) on December 16, 2010.